12/18/19 Weds. This morning after breakfast I visited with students on their poster projects. I got interviewed by the videographer, Lucas.  I then walked to the gate of the field station with one of the students, Leslie, from White Earth Tribal & Community College and we visited with a woman who sells her crafts on the road there.  Then I went up to the Wilson House where the students are staying and visited with Alwin (one of the students I mentor) to see how he felt about the poster presentation coming up in the afternoon.  Alwin said him and Jacob had practiced and felt ready.  Then I went down to the room to shower since in the morning the shower temperature was too cold.  It had warmed up to around 34 degrees Celsius by 11 which is warm enough to shower in but not hot.  The water is heated by a solar system on the roof that feeds several rooms so when the rooms are all full the water does not heat up as much and since it was cloudy all day yesterday the temperature went down.  After lunch we had the student research poster presentations.  The Faculty mentors, including myself were so proud of our student teams.  They all did a great job on their posters and presentations.  At the break my team and I had ice cream one more time together.  The presentations were at the same building where they sell it-how convenient.  This evening we will be packing to leave.  We are leaving right after breakfast tomorrow morning for the long travel day on the bus back up to San Jose’.  This time we are taking the coastal route and we’ll see the Pacific Ocean.  I’m looking forward to that.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog