12/19/19 Thurs. Today we all packed up and left our bags in front of the Rooms for the staff to pick-up and drive to the bus up the hill at Wilson house.  We loaded on the bus and started back to San Jose’ via the coastal route.  Highlights included stopping for lunch at a town called Dominical which is right on the Pacific Ocean overlooking the beach.  Open air dining with no walls.  I had a Quesadilla which was very good.   Then it was time to hit the beach.  I waded in the Ocean and it felt so good.  I walked down the beach to an area where a river entered the Ocean.  There were some shorebirds fishing near the current.  I saw some fiddler crabs carrying their shells. We took some pictures by some large tree trunk that drifted a shore.  Some of the group met a young boy who was encouraging them to do cartwheels and make a human pyramid in the sand.  I took the pictures as evidence. I grabbed a smoothie (banana, strawberry, pineapple and granola) before getting back on the bus.  Then it was back on the road.  We did a pit-stop along the ocean and saw some pelicans diving, and what I think was 2 Scarlet Macaws.  They flew off quickly when we all got off the bus but most of us got a good look.  Then it was back on the road again.  Arrived in San Jose’ around 5 with dinner at 6.  I went down and put my feet in the pool before dinner and after dinner.  Quite a few of the group gathered around the pool to chat.  Two groups were leaving later this evening/early morning, so we said our goodbyes and wishes for a safe journey home.  Nicole and I will be leaving the hotel around 11 am and catching our flight out around 1:50 pm.  We’re arriving late in Mpls. and staying overnight there to drive home Sat. morning.  This is the last blog.  Hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures in Costa Rica as much as we enjoyed having them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog