12/13/19 Fri. Today was our last and what I think was the best field day.   My Team, Lucas the videographer and I hiked with another team part of the way on the Water Trail.  The teams split up at the Culvert Creek and our team headed down the stream part way, then up on the land part of the Water Trail to where we had to go off trail to find our sampling site.  The sampling site was the confluence (junction) of our unnamed sampling stream with the Culvert Creek.   Before the confluence the unnamed stream had a big waterfall.  About twice the height of me with my arms up.  It was beautiful.  We did our sampling in this little canyon at the falls and below.  I slid down the side of a big rock that was really slick and the guys helped pull me back up to the top of the rock.  I wasn’t hurt but then just laid down on that side of the rock to finish our invertebrate ID so I wouldn’t slip again.   We then hiked further down Culvert Creek to try find a different section of the Water Trail that is supposed to lead to another waterfall.  We found the other section, but it was too overgrown to continue on any further.  We ate lunch there by the Creek and saw a monkey climbing above in the trees.  We were also visited by another Blue Morpho butterfly there.  We then hiked back the way we came for a total of 5.6 miles round trip. We really deserved our ice cream at the reception building after we got back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog